Sunday, March 16, 2014

Blu-Ray player or PS3?




Dean Winch


I'm getting a new TV, and I have the choice of one of those, but I can decide.

I am a gamer so, a PS3 will just complete my collection of consoles. :P



Answer
I recently completed my collection of consoles to go with my 55" Samsung LED. I couldn't be more satisfied with the ps3. I have gone through 3 different blu Ray players, and re PS3 does the best job of loading blu rays quickly as well as upscaling DVD's. It has built In wifi, and in integrated web browser. The only Blu Ray player I've seen match the PS3 is the Oppo, and that runs for $700.

Edit: my reciever outputs 120 watt per speaker and my sub is a powered 200 watt downfiring.

My reciever is a pioneer vsx1019 ah-k look into it because it has auto speaker caliberation :) a nice feature that saves you the trouble of hiring a professional each time I rearrange my speakers/ add new furniture (yes it's THAT sensitive)

That 7 core Cell processor handles blu Ray 2.0 like water and outputs clean, crisp surround sound 5.1 OR 7.1 - most blu Ray players only support 5.1

furthermore, you can hook up a wireless mouse or Bluetooth mouse and a wireless or bt keyboard.
Go with the PS3 and you will NOT be disappointed. I have a 7.1 reciever with 120 watt, and 7 harman Kardon speakers plus 1 subwoofer the size of a coffee table. Buy the ps3 and you won't be disappointed :)

Blu-ray player??




steve t


Im planning on buying a Blu-ray player since the HD-DVD empire collapsed along with my HD-DVD xbox 360 add on ( tough lesson to learn) but which is a good blu-ray out there to buy under 500?? I heard stories about long loading times, and i have seen plenty on youtube vid's, my HD-DVD player did not have that problem, and then i heard about firmware updates. I dont wanna spend half a grand on a blu-day player and find out its out dated on the firmware. Any suggestions on a safe purchase.
forgot to mention, i wouldnt mind a PS3 but all the games i like so far are on 380 and future games coming up exclusive for 360 like Gears of War 2 and Resident Evil 5, Ninja Gaiden 2 etc.. although ps3 sounds logical, i wont have time to toggle between ps3 games and xbox 360 games.
correction i mean 360, lol.. not 380.
Its kinda odd to me, buying a gaming console system just for the Blu-ray, although being able to download firmware on it does sound good.... are there blu-ray players out there that can enable you to update the player, or should i just wait till' blu-ray players catch up with firmware updates.



Answer
The only other 2.0 player on the market right now is the Panasonic DMP-BD50, which can bitstream and decode all audio formats, has HDMI 1.3 and analog 5.1 outputs and an ethernet connection for BD-Live content and firmware upgrades.

However, because it's the only 2.0 standalone player on the market it's still at a premium. If you wait until Black Friday or the last few weeks leading up to Christmas you'll get a standalone player for $199-$249 and it very well may be a profile 2.0 player like the Sony BDP-S350, which is being released soon and will get 2.0 compatability via firmware upgrade.

The PlayStation 3 is an excellent option, even if you don't use it for games. You can install Linux on it, browse the web with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, download movies on it which don't have DRM, has HDMi 1.3, fastest load times, great picture and sound quality.

Good luck - the more Blu-ray's you watch the harder it gets to watch DVD, even with a great upscaler which the PS3 definitely is, scoring 120/130 on the HQV DVD test bench disc.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Blu-Ray player or PS3?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment