Monday, October 21, 2013

How can I convert my new Samsung Plasma TV into Smart TV with QWERTY remote?

blu ray player qwerty remote
 on ... TV
blu ray player qwerty remote image



K


I just bought my first TV. It's a 60" Samsung PN60F5300. I got a great deal on it, which allowed me to go to 60", but I don't have Smart TV capability. The salesman told me I could get a Smart box (like Roku, Vizio Co-Star, or NetGear NeoTV MAX) or a Blu-ray player with smart TV capabilities, and it would be a similar result. I don't have a DVD player, so I will need to buy one regardless. I am looking to get good quality, reliable electronics, without breaking the bank...so really, I'm just looking for good value. It is also a HUGE benefit for me to get a QWERTY remote for the Smart TV apps.

My choices:
1) Get a Smart set-top box that comes with a QWERTY remote and a plain Blu-ray player
2) Get a Smart set-top box, buy a separate QWERTY remote, and a plain Blu-ray player
3) Get a Smart DVD player and purchase a separate QWERTY remote
4) Return the TV and just buy a 50" Smart Vizio LED E-series TV that comes with a QWERTY keyboard (This would cost $35 more than the TV I have now, but I would lose 10" of screen size. I would still need to buy a plain Blu-ray player.)

My questions:
1) Which options provide the most value for a good price?
2) What brands would you recommend for these items?
3) If I buy a Blu-ray player or set-top box without a QWERTY remote, is it even possible to get one separately that will work? What product would this be?

Please help! Any advice or recommendations are welcomed! Thank you in advance!
I don't really need any gaming at all, and I'm thinking about cost, so PS3 or XBox probably won't work with my budget as well as the other options.



Answer
Yes, the Xbox seems like the winner, if it's not too expensive. If you wouldn't need the Blu-ray player, the Roku 3 has been a great success. New interface, faster hardware etc.

But it's only a streaming player. If you look into it, this review might help
http://www.topgadgetreviews.com/roku-3-streaming-player/

Would you use a remote with a mic?




mr blue


Like to search on Netflix ,Hulu , or Google tv. Instead of typing in the name. You just say the name of the movie or program into the mic on the remote. Then the remote processes the audio then sends it to the device ( like xbox /ps3 /wifienabled blu ray player ) .Just wanted some feedback on this idea.

Thanks



Answer
No, I'd rather have a remote with a qwerty keyboard.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I convert my new Samsung Plasma TV into Smart TV with QWERTY remote?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment