Monday, September 2, 2013

How do I install a firmware update to my Blu-ray player?

blu ray player on pc
 on DVD sales Drop Like A Stone As Internet TV Booms
blu ray player on pc image



Douche bag


Blu-ray player: Sharp BD-HP20

I wanted to watch a movie on it that released recently and it wouldn't play. It mentioned something about firmware updates online.

I am just curious how on earth I'm supposed to update my Blu-ray player if I download updates via the Internet?

Do I need to connect my BR-player to the Internet and my PC??? How is that done?

Thanks!
Or, do I need to burn the upload on a CD?

I can't even get the latest firmware to download properly... It's in .RVP



Answer
The easy way is to have it connected to the internet and turned on and go in the menu to update the firmware.
The other way is like your doing or you can use a usb flash drive and download it.

I'm sure that Sharp has someone that can tell you what ext. you need on the download

Is there a Blu Ray player that will play my ENTIRE DVD collection?




Yajaida


Many of my standard DVD's are original movies. But I also bought many in the Singapore and Hong Kong markets as well burned some on my own PC with some software. Is there a Blu-ray player that will play all of them?
On a related note are there any universal players (non-region coded)?



Answer
There are several DVD players without a region code. The best part is that they are typically the ones your see on sale for "dirt cheap" under $50 bucks. They are generally made without region coding. Most wont say "multi-region", but they usually are. Keep your receipt and all the packing just in case you need to take it back.
As for something that plays multi-region Blu-ray? Good luck. I am sure there are places on the "good ol' web" that could explain how to reset/unlock the region code in your DVD player. The positive side is that you can now play DVDs from just about anywhere. The down side is that you have now VOIDED any and all warranties by the manufacturer and Blu-rays still ain't cheap so it could get expensive if you have any Technical




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I install a firmware update to my Blu-ray player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment