Monday, October 21, 2013

Question about surround sound speaker sound and placement?

blu ray player volume low
 on Bonus Materials are presented in Standard Definition video (using the ...
blu ray player volume low image



Sarah


I bought a home theater in a box, the Samsung 5.1 setup. It's good enough for me and I am happy with the sound.

But I have a question. The Blu-Ray player supports 3D but I do not use this feature as I cannot stand 3D. It has these sound settings called "vertical surround" and the options of Low, Off and High. I have the surround speakers position a little behind and to the sides of my listening position, and when the vertical surround is on High, I got all the little extra sounds like people laughing in the background and stuff, but everything else playing out of the surround speakers is SO LOUD. And playing piratically right in my ears. It basically sounds like whatever is playing out of the regular speakers plays out of these too, and I thought that only certain sounds came out of surround speakers, that's why I am thinking 'High' is the wrong setting. Turning it on Low or Off and I still get effects but my subwoofer isn't as active when the vertical is turned off. It's barely there at all when the vertical is turned off. I have these speakers at the lowest volume and it's still loud.

So here's my question - what does the vertical surround do, exactly? Does it need to be on? Am I giving myself TOO much sound from the speakers? Or should I try to move them further back, along the back wall, about 4 feet from where I am sitting? I read the side placement is ideal for 5.1. but the sound from the speakers seems overwhelming in that position. And why would the subwoofer not be as active when vertical surround is off?

Any advice would be appreciated!



Answer
Your question can best be answered by your owners manual or a Samsung customer service professional. My opinion would be to live with the setting the best suits you on average then read as much as possible about the brand. Besides that I would have to take a look and a listen, I can't do that.

Best

what's the difference between Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master Audio?




Paloma Eva


i've got harry potter and the half blood prince on blu ray, and the audio is dolby true hd, it's okay, but when somebody speaks, it's too low, and even if you turn up the volume, it doesn't make a difference! but the harry potter and the deathly hallows part 1 on blu ray has DTS-HD Master Audio! but is there any difference?


Answer
Dolby True HD and DTS-HD are BOTH Lossless codecs, so at the end, BOTH should provide identical bit streams.

You need HDMI from the BD player to the AV receiver to even be able to use either of them, and of course your receiver needs to support them.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Question about surround sound speaker sound and placement?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment