Thursday, May 1, 2014

blu ray player with wifi?

Q. I am thinking of a getting an LG or Samsung blu-ray player with built-in wifi. They all come in with services already loaded like Netflix. Can you get on other online streaming video sites, not specifically listed? Like watching archived TV shows and stuff.


Answer
It depends on what kind of wifi connection is in the blu ray, and if that model supports other applications than Netflix. You need a strong wifi signal to get streaming videos and if they have a built in wifi that is 802.11N (2.4 GHz) or higher, you shouldn't have any problems.

Typically they will only come preloaded with the applications. One positive note to wifi is that you will get the latest firmware updates that will be required to play newer blu ray movies.

How do I get shows that only seem to be on Netflix online on to the Netflix streaming through a blu ray player?

Q. There are several shows and movies on my Netflix account, but I can only view them online or on my iPhone. When I try to see them while watching the Netflix app on my blu ray player, they aren't available. And unlike my iPhone, I cannot use search to see if I'm just looking in the wrong section. For example, I'd like to watch High School of the Dead. I can watch it on netflix.com or my phone's app, but it's nowhere on my blu-ray player app. I've noticed this with several movies/shows available for streaming.

Is there a way to fix this?


Answer
Lately, this has been a common issue for Xbox 360 users, but this is the first I have heard about it happening with BD players. I have the Sony BDP-S580 and I have never had this issue. I would suggest adding the title to the top of your instant queue from the website and seeing if it appears on your player. The solution that has worked some 360 users is deactivating and reactivating the device. It might help with your player as well. If you do not want to go through the trouble of deactivating and reactivating all your devices you will need to call Netflix customer service to get specific instructions for your player. Otherwise you can complete the process by going to Your Account and clicking on "Manage Netflix ready devices and computers".




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: blu ray player with wifi?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment