Friday, May 2, 2014

Hooking up Blu-Ray player to HD tv?

Q. I bought a Blu-Ray thinking i would be able to hook it up to my HDTV that is a little old but still HD. However there is not an HDMI in slot on my TV. There is one on my cable box though. Help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance! :)


Answer
Most Blu-ray players will not output hd over component cables for copy-protection reasons (as Masticina said).
But if your tv has DVI (looks like this: http://imageshack.us/a/img16/8039/dvi.jpg ), you can use an hdmi-to-dvi adapter or an hdmi-to-dvi cable. They are not expensive (just a few dollars) and you can find them on ebay, amazon, monoprice.com, dx.com, etc.

If you're not connecting your Blu-ray player to a sound receiver, you will need a second cable to the tv for audio (DVI is video only). The type depends on what your tv has for the DVI's audio input. Your player will need analog audio output (red & white rca jacks) for this (newer players don't have these anymore).

One more problem: if you tv is old enough, it might not support hdcp (high-bandwidth digital content protection) which is another copy-protection thing. If that's the case, the player likely won't work (in hd) with your tv.

I need a new 3D Blu-ray player.?

Q. I own a Samsung home theater system. It is a Blu-ray player that has a built in amplifier so you just hook up the speakers directly to the unit. I need to upgrade to a 3D capable player but I don't want to have to pay for new speakers. Where can I find a 3D capable Blu-ray player that has a built in amplifier with analog speaker outputs?
I know that this can be done. You can swap players especially if they are the same brand. I just need to find somewhere I can buy the main unit.


Answer
Avdaddy is right, such home theater in a box systems do NOT work when separated from parts of them.

Junk your POS system, spend $500 to buy something GOOD, and then you'll be fine.

But, cheap just gets you... CHEAP.

A decent baseline HT receiver would cost $200, like a Pioneer 521K at Amaz*n, add in $215 for a Polk 6750 5.1 speaker system, about $40 for the needed cables and speaker wires (16 gauge speaker wire, a subwoofer cable, and two HDMI cables.), then plug in your 3D Bluray player and let the good times roll.

I will second it, why do so many people buy crappy POS HTIB systems ? Why not just flush 300 $1 bills down the toilet ?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Hooking up Blu-Ray player to HD tv?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment