Tuesday, May 6, 2014

If I have a 3D LED TV, do I need a 3D blu ray player as well to play 3D Blu ray movies?




isshhee


So what I have is a Samsung 3D LED TV (Model F6100) and a bluray player that isn't 3D. Can I still buy 3D DVDs and play them on it and have my TV do the 3D conversion or whatever?


Answer
Yes, you need both a 3D capable source and 3D capable display to properly play 3D Blu-ray movies. Some TVs have the ability to upscale 3D video from a 2D source but it's just a "best guess"algorithm that will leave some video artifacts, and not be true 3D video. Here's an article on the subject:

http://www.popsci.com/gadgets/article/2010-01/how-2-d-video-becomes-3-d

Will 3d Blu ray player upgrade standard dvds into 3d and therefore be able to be watched in 3dtv?




DeNeLL


Ok so i have a LG lx6500 and an xbox 360 with hdmi 1.3
when i play dvds through my xbox and use the 3d function in my LG tv there is no effect on 3d

my question is, if i buy a 3d bluray player, specifically this one (http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/tv-audio-video/home-theatre/home-theatre-systems/HT-C5900/XSA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=feature) will my normal dvds be changed to 3d by the player and therefore should play in my 3d tv properly? I also have an external harddrive with dvdrip/bdrip movies, if i plug that in the 3d blu ray player will it change it to 3d as well?

thank you



Answer
Some 3D TVs can do a 2D to 3D conversion in real time, but I have not read about any 3D disc players offering that feature yet. You should be aware that the conversion is not a very convincing effect. The detailed explanation below is from Cnet (http://news.cnet.com/3d-tv-faq/):

11. Can I watch current 2D shows, movies, games, and other content in 3D?

That depends on the TV. Samsung, Sony and Toshiba models will include 2D to 3D conversion processing that will allow viewers to "watch everything in 3D." However, we don't expect these systems, especially in their first generation, to come close to the realism of true 3D content. We checked out a canned demo of Toshiba's process at CES and it seemed to work, but it certainly could stand improvement.

Panasonic's 2010 3D TVs announced so far do not offer 2D to 3D conversion. No other TV manufacturer (namely LG and Vizio among current purveyors of 3D TVs) has announced a built-in conversion system. Given the lack of true 3D content, we wouldn't be surprised to hear about a add-on 2D to 3D solution that works with the new TVs.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: If I have a 3D LED TV, do I need a 3D blu ray player as well to play 3D Blu ray movies?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment