Sunday, May 4, 2014

Will this Wireless USB work with a Blu-Ray player?




Rich_A


I want to be able to stream netflix instant play through my new bluray player that is wifi ready. I am just wondering if this product will do the trick, or if this device is only meant for computers. Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Tenda-W311U-150Mbps-Wireless-Adapter/dp/B0041C3NT8
The blu-ray player is a Sony one... it has a USB port but doesnt have a built-in wifi, if that matters. I was just curious because it looks like this wireless device comes with a CD that you have to use to install something, and Im not sure if you can install whatever it is that's needed on a bluray player, as you would on a computer.



Answer
It depends on the make and model of your blu ray player but more than likely it will not work, you have to buy the USB module that is specific to your blu ray player and usually those cost a little more than the generic ones...

I need help buying a blu-ray player?




Hunter


I want a blu-ray player that can play DVDs and connect to Instant Netflix (Wireless Internet), and I don't want to spend more than $150. Can all blu-ray players play Instant Netflix and DVDs? What should I look for? Any suggestions? Thank you!!!

P.S. (If you could give me a link to a specific blu ray player that I want, I can guarantee you 'Best Answer')



Answer
No, not all Blu-Ray players can stream Internet videos. Only some. The $150 price range is the bottom for a unit that can stream Internet video through Wi-Fi. But there are some good models out there if you search hard enough. I found this LG unit that is wi-fi and can stream Internet content on Amazon and it's on sale for $158. You have to add it to your cart to see the price. And with Amazon, you get free shipping and no tax (unless you live in New York). See link below:




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Will this Wireless USB work with a Blu-Ray player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment