Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Can I use a google tv blu ray player with timewarner cable?




Roger O


I was thinking about getting it. Not sure if it will work with dish only so i thought i'd ask. Does it give you access to the guides and videos without dish? Or is google just a partner with dish for fun


Answer
I believe you can use google tv blue ray player with time warner cable.

Possibly silly question: Blu-ray / VHS combo player?




Kristine A


Our DVD/VHS combo player died a few weeks ago. I had one in my work studio and we've been using that, figuring one of these weekends we'd go out shopping for a replacement, presumably one that would be able to play the new Blu-Ray format since sooner or later some video rental we're interested in will only be available on Blu-Ray. (Or one Blu-Ray versus multiple DVD disks, etc).

I took it for granted that the optical Blu-Ray mechanism would be backwards-compatible with standard commercial and home-burned DVD from the 4 gig thru dual-layer 7.x gig varities. That seems to be the case from what I've glimpsed.

Without thinking about it, I also assumed that for an additional extra bit of currency there'd be no problem finding players that did VHS as well as Blu-Ray/DVD. Not seeing that. Hmm.... am I just looking in the wrong places, or looking too early in the life-cycle of Blu-Ray for such devices to have cropped up on the market? (I can readily imagine that early adopters of Blu-Ray would not be the folks with continuing interest in being able to play back VHS tapes as well)



Answer
Panasonic DMP-BD70V VHS/Blu-ray Player. However, it appears to be out of production. One place I found by using the Shopping function on Google has it for $600.

If you have the inputs on your TV and/or home theater receiver, I would just get a good BluRay player on it's own, and buy a used but built tough VHS deck from, say, eBay. That would probably run you about $100 for the BluRay and maybe $200 for a solid VHS deck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I use a google tv blu ray player with timewarner cable?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment