Monday, July 22, 2013

How do I hook up my Sony Bravia surround sound system to my Blu Ray player?

blu ray player 5 disc
 on to morgan ray dr ray morgan ray morgan wrestling athena blu ray ...
blu ray player 5 disc image



I need ans


I have a Sony wireless Bravia speaker system with 5 disk DVD player.

I'm having trouble connecting my Blu Ray player to it.

It's a DAV-HDX 589WF Bravia.

I even tried connecting HDMI to my TV and optical cable to the DVD.

I either have picture or sound not both.

Any idea how to fix this?



Answer
"I even tried connecting HDMI to my TV and optical cable to the DVD."

That is exactly the way you want to connect it, because your receiver doesn't have any video inputs, only audio inputs.

The trick is that you have to set the TV's input to where the Blu-ray player is plugged in (HDMI 2?), so that you get the video. Then you set the receiver input source to play the optical audio from the Blu-ray player (it might be called auxiliary or external, optical 1).

You may also need to set the Blu-ray player to output audio from the optical port. Perhaps your player disables optical audio output when an HDMI cable is plugged into it, or else the port is disabled by default and needs to be enabled (set optical audio output to on).

Is there a Blu-ray player that I can switch my DVD player/amp with?




Josh


I have a 5-disc DVD upconverter than came with my surround sound thus using it as an amp to connect all the speakers to. I want to switch to a blu ray player but then I have nothing to connect my speakers to. Just wanted to know if anybody knows which blu ray players (if any) act as amps for my 5.1 speakers, or if some do, can you link me to them? Thanks, I appreciate it.


Answer
This is the downside of purchasing a HTIB (Home Theater In a Box). You're going to have to buy a surround receiver...

Here's a decent one for cheap-
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2891509&cp=&sr=1&origkw=sony+surround&kw=sony+surround&parentPage=search




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I hook up my Sony Bravia surround sound system to my Blu Ray player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment