Monday, July 22, 2013

Should i buy a N router when my only device to connect is a b/g laptop?

blu ray player 802.11n
 on TOSHIBA L8501015X( Black color & white color ) notebook win8 (Selangor ...
blu ray player 802.11n image



Jarad1985


Does a g wirless router produce a g signal better than a n would (in mixed mode or g mode)? I know n is the future, and I'm certain I'll eventually hook a blu ray player, but I don't really want to sacrafice signal quality for possible future devices


Answer
some 802.11n routers will transmit b and g as well, though you will be paying extra for features that you cannot use. an n router will not transmit b/g any faster than any other b/g router's capabilities.

if i were you, i would stick with a b/g router unless you plan on upgrading your wireless NIC to n as well

does my wireless usb adapter and my blu ray player need to be the same brand?




dancelifex


I have a sony blu ray player BPD-S270 and on the box it says I need a hdmi cable and a sony usb wireless lan adapter, I bought a different brand cable cause the guy at target said it didnt matter but I didnt ask about the usb. the box said sony's but i dont know if it matters or not???


Answer
It doesn't matter, that's just on the box so you'll spend more on a sony branded wireless adapter.

All wireless adapter work on a standard which is 802.11x, the current one is 802.11n as long as the blue ray drive and the wireless adapter are using the same standard, you'll be fine.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should i buy a N router when my only device to connect is a b/g laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment