Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Is there any way to convert HDMI to RCA?

blu ray player rca output
 on VH914 - 12 foot stereo audio and video cable combination with molded ...
blu ray player rca output image



Daniel


I bought a new blu-ray player which uses HDMI output. My old TV only inputs 3 RCA. Is there some type of converter which can connect the two? I've heard that digital converter boxes don't work very well and are very expensive. However, if there are options, I want to hear them. Thanks.


Answer
The problem is that HDMI is digital and the "3 RCA" input is analog. The two are incompatible. However, it can be done if you're willing to spend the money. What you need is an electronic device that detects and demodulates the HD signal at the HDMI input and reformats it to analog video and stereo audio. Such devices exist, as in the link below.

But frankly, I'd much rather devote the cost toward a real HDTV. That's the only way you're going to be able to see Blu-ray in the manner that it is intended.

Can you hook a blu ray player to an analog tv?




Jessie H


I have an older 36" tv, about 10-15 years old that is in excellent condition. I want to get a blu ray player so i can stream netflix through my tv and also hook up a flash drive and watch my home movies on it. is this possible. It has the RCA components on it,as will the blu ray player.
Note: I am not concerned with the quality of the picture, I know this is not an hdtv and expect dvd quality. But right now i am used to watching dvds on a computer and netflix on a computer.
It is either getting the blu ray player, or a vga converter box from china that will allow me to watch netflix streaming from my computer to the tv.



Answer
If you can find a Blu-Ray player that has the red/white/yellow audio/video output plugs on it, then yes, it will work for what you want to do. I'm not sure how many Blu-Ray players are like that though.

By the way, a Roku box would also do what you want - they start at $50, all of them stream netflix and are compatible with the red/white/yellow connectors, but only the fanciest one - Roku XS for $99 - also will show photos from USB (I have a cheap one, but I put the Flickr channel on it, so it'll browse my Flickr photos from the web).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is there any way to convert HDMI to RCA?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment