Thursday, November 21, 2013

How extreme is the picture difference using component cables with Blu-Ray player?

blu ray player 720p hdtv
 on ... HDTV devices. Supports: 1440p,1080p,1080i,720p,480p, HDMI Category 2
blu ray player 720p hdtv image



Sarah C


I'm currently using Monster component cables to connect my Blu-Ray player to my 720p LCD TV because it doesn't have an HDMI slot. Am I really missing a lot?


Answer
The only difference at 720p between
the two connections is convenience
of the connection (i.e. three connec-
tions as opposed to just one). If you
ever get a 40" or larger 1080p HDTV,
then HDMI would be the desired choice.

In order to watch blu-ray movies on my ps3, do I have to have a 1080p hdtv, or can I have a 720p?




santiago29


I just got a ps3 for christmas, and if I'm reading the manuel correctly, you have to have a 1080p hdtv in order to use the blu-ray player. Is that true, or will it work with a 720p hdtv?


Answer
Games will play just fine at 720p. Blu-Ray movies will also output in HD at 720p. The only problem you face is if you have an older HDTV that does not have an HDMI port, in which case there is a feature in the PS3 that improves DVD quality that is be disabled over component.

Don't be mislead by all the hype around 1080p, unless you have a very large screen > 57" given the average viewing distance of 12' from the screen you won't notice a difference on most LCD/Plasma displays.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How extreme is the picture difference using component cables with Blu-Ray player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment