Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Looking to buy a Blu-ray player! Having a hard time deciding if I should get the PS3, or a stand alone player?

blu ray player quality comparison
 on The best Blu-Ray players under �100 | Impartial buying advice
blu ray player quality comparison image



Jason


I hear PS3 still puts out the best picture and the gaming is also a plus! but I'm not sure if its $150 dollars better then a stand alone player. Anyone have experience with both types of players? Is the picture quality difference with the PS3 noticible? Yes I know I could buy a high end stand alone but then I'm paying just as much as a PS3.


Answer
Cnet recently did a comparison of Blu-ray players, and the PS3 was included in it: http://reviews.cnet.com/best-blu-ray-players/ .

how much longer does playstation 2 have?




beautifull


i wanted to get the new limited edition white/ceramic playstation 2.
but now im finding out that in 2009, all of the disks and dvds are going to become blue ray.
i was planning on not only using it for games, but for a dvd player aswell.
so if i were to get it now, how long until i wont be able to use any old game or any old dvd on it?
thank you for your help.



Answer
I am confused by the question. They probably won't be many more games made but there are a million great ones to play already. You can find most of these great games for cheap on eBay or half.com. For DVDs, I wouldn't doubt it if they put newer movies on DVDs for the next 10 years.

So you might mention the jump from VHS to DVD but that one doesn't count. DVD had no rewinding, extra features, and the quality is great. DVD to Blu Ray though to me is not that big of a jump. The only difference is that you are buying a player that plays new videos at higher quality. To me, DVDs look fine enough and although Blu Ray looks nifty (not that impressed), I am not going to shell out $400 for a player, $30 per movie, and $2500 for a Tv that can play these higher quality movies when I can buy a movie for $20 at Best Buy on my $149 PS2 on my $400 TV. Also, don't trust Best Buy's comparison of DVD vs. Blu Ray. They blur that DVD side out!!!

I use my PS2 for what you described and I feel no urgency to buy the next generation for a long time. When DVDs are gone, then I can move up and buy then the Blu Ray stuff will be at the same prices as DVD hardware now.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Looking to buy a Blu-ray player! Having a hard time deciding if I should get the PS3, or a stand alone player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment