Sunday, February 16, 2014

Can I get Amazon Prime VOD on my Samsung BluRay?




TIM S


I've done some research but I can only find threads that are over a year old. I just got a Samsung 3D BluRay and it does Netflix great but I prefer Amazon. Are they still "working on it" like I read from a couple years ago? My TV entertainment setup would be great if there is some way to get it without having to run wires from my laptop to the TV. I'm hoping soon? Thanks.


Answer
Smart devices like Smart TVs or Blu-Ray players only support the apps that come with it. I don't know if it's possible to add apps later on. You can try asking Samsung's tech support and see what they say but my guess is they won't give a complete answer.

Which Bluray player is better?




Jeff the C


Which one is better? I'm getting a smart TV, so is there any point in getting the Samsung one with the apps?

LG:
http://www.woot.com/offers/lg-3d-blu-ray-disc-player-9

Samsung:
http://www.woot.com/offers/samsung-3d-blu-ray-player-with-apps-18

So which would you recommend and why? Again, I am getting a smart TV so I'm wondering if the Samsung apps would be useful at all.

Thanks:)



Answer
It actually kind of depends. Not all Smart devices have the same apps...and not all Manufacturers make all the apps available for different models. Without knowing specifically which Smart TV your buying...it's tough to say whether or not it's worth having a Smart Blu-Ray.
Since the price difference between smart and non-smart Blu-Rays is so small...i would say get the Smart versions. You may end up with the same apps...but you also may get an extra 1 or 2.

I personally went through this with my LG Smart TV:
Amazon Instant Video (Amazon Prime Video) is only available on LG's 2013 smart TV's and is not/will not be made available for my 2012 LG TV. I have a Prime membership and wanted to watch it on my TV...so I bought a 3D Blu_ray player with the Amazon app. Problem solved.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I get Amazon Prime VOD on my Samsung BluRay?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment