Tuesday, February 25, 2014

how to get internet on sony BDP-S270 blu-ray player?




Richard


I just got this blu-ray player at wal-mart and i want to get the internet up and running in it. The lady said it has WIFI but i cant seem to get it working. my PS3 works perfectly with the internet but the blu- ray player dosnt. Help please! Thank you


Answer
I just looked at the specs for your Sony-BDP-S270. Apparently that Blu-Ray DVD player does not have built in Wi-Fi. You would have to purchase a separate small wireless Wi-Fi adaptor plug that fits on the back of the dvd player in order to stream the internet from your wireless router (computer) to this dvd player so that you can use Netflix, Youtube etc.

Another way you can stream the internet on your blu-ray dvd player to use Netflix and Youtube is to connect a ethernet cable from your wireless router to the back of your Blu-Ray DVD player.

Remember that blu-ray dvd players do not have a browser to go on to websites on the internet. The internet is needed so that you can run netflix, pandora, youtube on your blu-ray dvd player.

I need a blu ray player with a web browser?




Sophia


I live in an apartment complex that offers free wifi, I would like to find a blu ray player with a web browser so I can type in the password (voucher) needed to gain internet access on the device. They can get me access now if I give them the MAC address to the device I have now, but they charge a monthly fee for this service. Are there any blu ray players that have a simple web browser?


Answer
There are some "Smart" Blu rau players that have web browsers like the Samsung BD ES900 but my understanding is they are hard to use as they do not have a mouse nor a key board so navigating the net can be difficult....




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: how to get internet on sony BDP-S270 blu-ray player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment