Friday, February 28, 2014

Problem hooking up my Blu Ray player to 720HD-TV?




Jen


I am trying to hook up my Blu Ray player to my tv set with a HDMI cable. Nothing is working, and I can't get a signal. Also, tried hooking Red/Blue/Green component cables. Still no signal. My tv is probably 6 years old. Does it not recognize blu ray technology, or why would it not work?? Tv is Insignia, Blu Ray is Sony. Any help is much appreciated!!
I have my HD DVR hooked with HDMI cable to this tv. Why can't I hook up Blu Ray to this tv?
I have tested this on my other TV and it works fine. I'm so confused? Is there a setting that needs to be changed on tv or blu ray?



Answer
Be sure you select the different HDMI input you have it plugged into. You say you have your HD DVR hooked into your tv, I guessing on HDMI 1. So you probably have the blu ray hooked to HDMI 2, so you need to change the input using your tv's remote source button.

Also, be sure to go into the blu ray players set up menu and select 720p, 24 fps OFF, for it's video output.

Can you hook a blu ray player to an analog tv?




Jessie H


I have an older 36" tv, about 10-15 years old that is in excellent condition. I want to get a blu ray player so i can stream netflix through my tv and also hook up a flash drive and watch my home movies on it. is this possible. It has the RCA components on it,as will the blu ray player.
Note: I am not concerned with the quality of the picture, I know this is not an hdtv and expect dvd quality. But right now i am used to watching dvds on a computer and netflix on a computer.
It is either getting the blu ray player, or a vga converter box from china that will allow me to watch netflix streaming from my computer to the tv.



Answer
If you can find a Blu-Ray player that has the red/white/yellow audio/video output plugs on it, then yes, it will work for what you want to do. I'm not sure how many Blu-Ray players are like that though.

By the way, a Roku box would also do what you want - they start at $50, all of them stream netflix and are compatible with the red/white/yellow connectors, but only the fanciest one - Roku XS for $99 - also will show photos from USB (I have a cheap one, but I put the Flickr channel on it, so it'll browse my Flickr photos from the web).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Problem hooking up my Blu Ray player to 720HD-TV?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment