Wednesday, April 9, 2014

What is a blue ray disk?




volley lov


I watch disney channel, and they are talking about "blue ray" disk. What are they?


Answer
Blu-Ray is a high definition format for movies and videos from SONY. Its competitor used to be Toshiba's HD-DVD in what was known as the "high-def" wars. Toshiba gave up, and Sony's blu-ray is the standard format for high def movies. The resolution and sound quality is the best format currently, and has a ton of memory. There are Blu-Ray players that can play it, but Sony also included blu-ray compatibility in their PS3s. Blu-Ray players typically cost in the 400 dollar range.

Blu-ray 5 disc changers?




Jeff P


Are there any 5 disc Blu-ray changers on the market? Aside from the 400 disc mega-changer that Sony makes, it looks like they are all single disc units.

I love my 5 disc dvd changer, and I'm holding out for a similar unit before taking the plunge into Blu-ray.



Answer
Given the increase in streaming services such as NetFlix, Vudu, and Blockbuster. I doubt you will see a blu-ray changer ever hit the market. For better or for worse the industry is moving away from physical media and towards cloud based storage. Hollywood has more control of how you watch the content and in turn can make more money in the long run. Personally, I prefer a physical disc so I can watch it on my terms and share it with family or friends but I think that is a trend that is dying much like CD purchases gave way to digital downloads/iTunes.

So if you want to experience killer blu-ray performance I'd opt for getting a changer now and just enjoying it.

PS - Get an internet enabled player with the Vudu movie download service. Vudu offers thousands of blu-ray like quality downloads that you only pay for if you use (not subscription based like NetFlix).

Good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a blue ray disk?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment