Monday, July 29, 2013

Can I hook up my blu ray player to older surround system?

blu ray player 5.1
 on Optimizes the TV sound quality when viewing and listening to Internet ...
blu ray player 5.1 image



Datsyukian


I have an LG blu ray player, model BD270. Im wondering if I can hook it up to my older dvd/5.1 channel speaker system. DVD player is an AudioLogic, a few steps down to your typical sony. Im just confused, sounds weird to hook up a blu ray player to a dvd player and use the audio portion of it.
The older surround system doesnt have HDMI outlets on it.



Answer
Connect optical cable ( 5.1 surround sound ) or red & white cables ( stereo ) output from Blu-ray player to sound system input for audio.

Is it possible to connect my blu ray player directly to 5.1 channel speakers?




ML


I am confused. I have a Philips blu ray player with the following audio outputs: Analog audio Left/Right out, HDMI output, Component Video output, Digital coaxial out, Ethernet, Analog audio 5.1 channel out. Can anyone please tell me if I can connect it directly to a 5.1 channel speaker system ? (that is, with out a separate receiver).

Thank you.



Answer
You need to connect it to an amplifier or amplifier/receiver that handles 5.1 Dolby surround. The bluray player only has a pre-amplifier built in and that only supplies enough signal for the amplifier to use to produce the sound. The player itself cannot drive speakers. You don't need anything really fancy.

Look at http://www.frys.com/product/5959244?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I hook up my blu ray player to older surround system?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment