Wednesday, July 17, 2013

what is a good brand for a blu ray player ?

blu ray player that plays netflix
 on Samsung HT-F4500 Smart WiFi 5.1 Channel Home Theater System
blu ray player that plays netflix image



mw3051


i need a blu ray player that can of course play blu ray and dvd's, but also can stream stuff like hulu or netflix, and also will let me play movies from a computer on my local area network.

being able to check the weather would be nice too.

any helpful advice is appreciated.

thank you.



Answer
Be careful. The inclusion of streaming apps in televisions and blu ray players is a "add on". I have 8 streaming apps on my Panasonic BluRay player. I have 28 on my WD TV Live box and my WD box has a better interface, gets updated every few weeks, streams from my PC or USB flash and HDD drives.

For $99 it is a much better device and experience. (And yes - it does have a Weather app).

My advice would be you get a good, basic BluRay player, but get your streaming apps from a media server like a Roku unit or the WD TV Live box.

Why are my Netflix blu ray discs playing in widescreen?




Spencer


I have a 40 inch tv and a blu ray player. They both work great just netflix movies play in widescreen. Is there any way to fix this? The only movie that played in fullscreen blu ray was spiderman 2.


Answer
BluRay players will normally try to give you OAR - Original Aspect Ratio.

If you pop in a modern TV show on a BluRay disk - it should exactly fill your screen because HD TV shows were shot in exactly 16:9 ratio.

But movies - are shot in dozens of different ratios. This will produce black-bars on most HDTV's and the size of the bars will vary based on the movie.

Most televisions have a "Aspect" button that will zoom in and stretch the image to fill the screen.

The down side is if the camera pans you will get a "fish eye" effect as the center of the screen is not stretched as much as the edges - but it will fill the screen.

Check your TV remote or the TV setup menu. The better televisions will 'remember' that HDMI2 needs to be zoomed in.

Hope this helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what is a good brand for a blu ray player ?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment