Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Can I use a Dvd player that i bought in the States or Canada (NTSC) in Europe (PAL)?

blu ray player zone hack
 on Multi Zone
blu ray player zone hack image



Minimouse





Answer
NTSC and PAL are totally incompatible. However, my PAL player can play NTSC discs although image is a bit skippy. So maybe your NTSC player can also play PAL dvds. However, since you'll be connecting it to a PAL TV set, you must set the player's output signal to PAL. That's the most important thing. I can do that in my PAL player. But, if it outputs NTSC to your PAL TV, no deal.

Another thing is the REGION LOCK issue. Unless you hack it to make it zone-free, it will ONLY play REGION 1 discs. In Europe you can only get Region 2 dvds, which will definitely NOT play in a region 1 player.

My advice: Buy a new player in Europe. They're VERY cheap now that Blu-Ray is coming!! You can get a decent one for less than 50 bucks.

Should I get a PS3 slim or Xbox 360 slim?

Q. I've had a PS2 for the past 7 years or so, my dad is buying me a PS3 slim ( 120GB version for $299 ) or an Xbox 360 slim ( $299 ), he's letting me decide. Which one should I get? I've done some research, the systems are very similar in a lot of things. PS3 has better graphics, cool games, a blu-ray player, and free online play. Xbox 360 has cool games, better online play, and has sold more. Honestly, the most important thing for me is the online play issue. Is the "better" online play for the Xbox worth the $50 a year? Also, which has better exclusive games ( could you list 4-5 for each one that are exclusive to that system and are great ).

P.S. I'm turning 15 =D, I've had a PS2 for a while, but its pretty inferior now. I can get rated R games, ect., so no concern there. Anyways, honest and well-thought out answers are appreciated.
Also, I know there have been some questions on this. I just want this answer to focus specifically on the 1. online play issue ( $$$$ for better online play, or free online play that is worse ), and 2. Specific games for each system ( ex. Halo franchise for Xbox ).


Answer
as i will always say ps3 is better for many reasons
the only reason to have a xbox is to play like gears of war
the advantage for you is also that you know the controller of the ps3 already as the ps3 controller is like the same as the ps2
the ps3 also gives you better graphics and its free to play online plus its more than just gaming
if you want to play mw2 then be with the ps3 as its still alive the online play (i should know my boyfriend played online today)
the only reason why xbox sold more is because ps3 did cost more so people had the cheaper console back then
the only fault i can give the ps3 is that it got recently hacked but sony has told they have sorted the problem and they gave ps3 owners some free games , films and some membership that gives you discounts to some games
i cant really say much about the xbox because i dont own one ;/ but i dont hear good things about it
like having to pay to go online and the the xbox kinect does not work properly
its up to you tbh

P.S i am turning 17 soon ;D 6th of july ;)


EDIT!
ps3 is better if you dont want to spend money each month / year to play online a
and i am not going to give you the list of games but i will give you some examples
ps3 - , god of war , kill zone ,Final Fantasy Versus XIII <--( not out yet but hell yes cant wait)
xbox , halo , gears of war , Fable




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I use a Dvd player that i bought in the States or Canada (NTSC) in Europe (PAL)?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment