Monday, August 12, 2013

Will a Blu-Ray player improve the sound of a standard DVD disc?

blu ray player no picture
 on Dvd Player Blu Ray Philips | Encontre no MuccaShop
blu ray player no picture image



Nick M


I am thinking of purchasing a Blu Ray player and although I am aware that connecting this to my HDTV via a HDMI cable can upscale the picture quality to 1080, I was just wondering if it will make a noticeable improvement to the quality of sound. I currently have my TV connected to a home theatre system. Thanks for your answers.


Answer
There will be no improvement whatsoever from a DVD disk played on a Blu-ray player.

The player and HDMI per se won't make any difference at all unless you a) use Blu-ray disks, b) select an HD audio track, c) have excellent speakers and d) have good hearing (including knowing how to recognize good sound). For the average consumer the hype over improved sound from Blu-ray is way overblown. I have a dedicated room, a medium/high quality 7.2 surround system and have compared DD and DTS HD Master and hear very little benefit from the latter. Others may, but everything I have read says improvements form advanced audio are fairly subtle.

What format video can i put on a USB and play on my LG blu ray player?




Cody


I have already tried .mpg and wmv and it did not recognize those and thus they didnt show up. I am only trying to put on 5 minute video on my flash drive and watch it on the blu ray player. All of the pictures and music on it show up but i cant get any video formats to. So does anyone know what format would work?


Answer
Capability varies with the model of Blu-ray player. Most won't handle video at all (only jpeg, wma and MP3). You really have to consult the specifications for your particular player ... and you didn't specify so I can't help. Look for "USB media plus" support.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Will a Blu-Ray player improve the sound of a standard DVD disc?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment