Saturday, August 17, 2013

Why should I buy a blu-ray player if I have to constantly install firmware updates so certain discs will work?

blu ray player reviews
 on ... & Recorders / Blu-Ray Players) � CHEAP BLU-RAY PLAYER REVIEWS
blu ray player reviews image



mavcowdzs


I'm looking at buying a blu-ray player, but I keeping reading reviews about discs not working for people and them having to install firmware.. I don't have a good internet connection, and no real way to connect the player to the internet? should I be worried about this?


Answer
Every BluRay disk is really a computer program. The language is called "BD-Java". The down-side is the specification was 'loose' and newer disks try to take advantage of things that were not well thought out a year ago so some people have problems.

I have not updated my firmware in about 8 months but I have not had problems with any disk so far. Anything you buy today will be updated beyond what I have.

Even if you dont have a 'good' internet connection, it's not hard to down-load and burn the firmware to a CD and they will even mail you a disk if you want.

Remember - you always hear about the problems, but there are millions of people who do not have problems so dont let this sway you.

Whats the difference between a blu ray player that is wifi enabled or wifi ready?




paco511


Looking at getting a blu ray player and not familiar with them.
What should I look for in a blu ray player?



Answer
Wifi enabled means it has it's own Wifi adapter built in. Wifi ready means it will do wifi if you buy a wifi adapter (usually a USB Dongle). what to look for depends on what you want. Some have netflix and pandora apps some do not. Some have a hard time playing some movies. so I would google Blu ray player reviews and find the best one for you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why should I buy a blu-ray player if I have to constantly install firmware updates so certain discs will work?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment