Friday, August 9, 2013

How do you watch Blu-ray movies on Windows Vista?

blu ray player software for windows 7
 on ... 9781175359117): Joel Tiffany, New York (State). Court of Appeals
blu ray player software for windows 7 image



Jessika M


I just go REPO! The Genetic Opera today, and I have the Blu-ray edition. I was just wondering what software I can use to play the movie on. Windows Media Center or Windows Media Player?


Answer
Vista (Ultimate) can view regular DVD movies without the add-on codec (i.e. a program to play movies), but it will not do BR.

Not only you will need a BR drive, you'll need a very fast computer (at least a dual-core), plenty of RAM and a dedicated graphic card (not the built-in one on the mother board).

PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra and PowerDVD 8 Ultra can play BR movies (7.3 can play HD-DVD movies, as well).

----------------

This is what it says on the box:

Due to the high computation requirement for Blu-ray discs, PowerDVD playback requires a high performance PC platform that is capable of maintaining 40 Mbps transferring of data. It is recommended that you use a system with at minimal of Intel Dual Core 3.2Ghz processors and 2GB RAM system memory (Quad Core CPU is supported.) Discrete graphics solution is also required with at least 350Mhz clock rate with 256MB VRAM. Even if you met minimal requirements, you may experience some video quality drop, frame drops or lower performance. It is recommended that all non-critical applications be closed before beginning Blu-ray Disc playback. Full CPU clock-rate is always reserved for PowerDVD Blu-ray disc playback and cannot be disabled.



Download their program to see if your system can handle a BR movie.

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/bd-support/enu/index.jsp

How to get blu ray to work?




Typhoon


Dumb tards at Microsoft screwed Windows 7 into not having a built in Blu Ray player. How can I play my videos now? I tried to download PowerDVD 9 - graphics card not supported, also Corel WinDVD - Disc not supported. I have an LG DVD/Blu combo optical drive and the software I got to work in Vista was PowerDVD. Could you help me out?
The graphics card should be fine, albeit I ran BluRay movies fine in Vista.



Answer
graphics card may not be big enough to support hi def resolution of blu ray upgrade graphics card i have only a radeon 2400hd pro and it has a hdmi output a dvi output and a vga output and it works good for me card only cost 75.00 but i bought it at wal-mart it works good enough for me it can support up to a 32 inch lcd tv this is what i use to watch all movies tv an internet all through my computer only have cable to have internet hope this helps a little someone may know more but i don't have windows 7 upgrade but had the same problem with installing a combo drive like you have but i have a liteon blu ray dvd player/burner i updated the software that came with the player and it worked for me after i fixed the graphics card




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do you watch Blu-ray movies on Windows Vista?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment