Friday, December 6, 2013

Why are my LG Blu-Ray Player apps glitchy/buffering?

blu ray player youtube app
 on ... BX59 1080P 3D Blu Ray & DVD Player Built-in Wifi Netflix Internet Apps
blu ray player youtube app image



Jennifer


I have an LG BH6720S 5.1 Channel Home Theater System with Blu-ray Player and I love it except for when I use the "built-in" YouTube app. It doesn't matter if I'm paired to devices like smartphones or an iPad, the playback on the TV VERY often buffers and stalls playback to a maddening degree. (It took over 3 minutes to play the first 40 seconds of a video due to excessive buffering.

I have Comcast high speed internet run through a NetGear wi-fi router and the router is the type which "splits" the speed. My speed test shows I'm running between 28-30Mbps on my internet.

Other available apps on the Blu-Ray player include Netflix and Hulu and I have none of these issues. Is there anything I can do to fix/make better the YouTube buffering problem?

I have powered down and unplugged/re-plugged the unit and even done a (scary!) plug pull while the player was powered up (out of desperation, and I hated doing it).

I know this is a long post and I thank those who read it through and try to help. I wanted to give as much info as I could to better help YOU help ME.

Thank you!



Answer
Netflix and Hulu have a download logic program that determines the speed of your connection and the amount of buffer you will need for your particular speed; in order for the movie to play all the way through...so the movie will not start untill the proper amount of buffer has downloaded determined in real time....you tube has so such program so the video starts when ever....what you need to do is increase the buffer from the start of the video; wait a longer time for the buffer to download before starting the video, you may have to manually pause the video in order for enough buffer to download....through trial and error you can discover what the proper amout of buffer will be.

I have a semi proffessional video camera that uses hdv tapes, whats the best way to transfer them?




Sal


whats the best way to transfer them for editing and then putting it on dvd so that I retain the image and sound quality?
sorry, a bit new to all this. thnaks if you can help:)



Answer
Connect a firewire cable to the camcorder's DV port and the computer's firewire port.

USB won't work. USB-to-firewire cable/converteradapter things won't work.

Launch the DV/HDV capable video editor and import or capture the video.

This will be uncompressed, 1080i, high definition video. 60 minutes of this will consume about 44 gig of your computer's hard drive space.

After editing, you can export or render to whatever you want or need. For uploading to a video sharing site (like YouTube), an h.264 encoded MOV or AVI file at high quality is good.

For a regular standard definition DVD, you can use that same h.264 file with a DVD rendering app (like iDVD or DVD Maker) to make a DVD-player readable standard definition disc (VOB file).

For high definition video, you should render out to a "Blu Ray" format (MTS) file and burn to a Blu Ray disc using a Blu Ray burner (LaCie makes good ones). This disc will playback only in a Blu Ray player.

Since you did not tell us which camcorder, computer, operating system or video editor, there's not much more detail we can provide...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why are my LG Blu-Ray Player apps glitchy/buffering?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment