Sunday, May 18, 2014

blu-ray zoom feature?




math geek


I just got a Blu-ray player for Christmas (Samsung P1600) and I was wondering if anyone knows if it has a zoom feature so that the movies will fill the entire screen? I know regular DVD players do, but is that something that is common to Blu-ray?


Answer
The blu ray zoom feature should be common, but it zooms into the video so that you dont get a full 1080p video on the screen, and you dont get to see the WHOLE video only the part you zoomed in on.

My Blu ray player is not letting me view the blu-ray films at full 16:9 ratio that fills the screen; there are?




dave a


I have bought a Samsung BD-P1500 blu ray player and installed all the latest firmware upgrades via my network.

I have a Samsung LE37A559p tv that can handle 1080p and links up to my player via an HDMI cable

I have set all the featured in my blu ray player's menu to 16:9 wide aspect ratio and the resolution to 1080p - also I have got my TV on the same settings

I have currently watched "The Dark Knight" and "War" and both of them have black curtains at the top and bottom of the screen

Although on the back of both of the blu-ray disc's cases, it says that they are fully widescreen, this is not the case, and it is getting annoying

But either my TV and/or my player and/or the blu ray discs have the ability to be viewed in widescreen because in "The Dark Knight", whenever a landscape view is displayed (eg a view of the city), the curtains dissappear.

This is annoying and has ultimately made my purchase totally worthless because i can't help but not appreciate the quality of the content on screen when those curtains are there.

Please may someone provide a reason or solution to my problem because at the moment,

I am really annoyed that my Xbox 360 that can stretch films to fill up the screen provides a better viewing experience than my blu ray player thats sole purpose is to create the optimum in high defenition viewing to the user.
Well, on the back of the "War" case, it says that it is "widescreen version 16:9 2.40:1"

Surely this must mean that it should in fact fill up the screen? But all my display settings are set properly, so why does it still not?
Well I cannot see an 'aspect' button on my remote

I would have really like that feature even if it distorted my picture

the first thing i thought about the dark knight is "how annoying are the changes between the display"

i guess im gonna have to wait and see if the directors of movies come to their senses and film in a proper aspect ratio so that the film is displayed on the full screen

the curtains only minimise the viewing experience and make blu-ray not worth the money



Answer
Some widescreen DVDs and blu rays will still have small black bars on some material.

Check the DVD box for aspect ratio.

If the ratio is 2.35:1 or 2.40:1 you will have small black bars top and bottom. This is normal on widescreen HDTVs.

Some movies and virtually all TV shows shot wide like Weeds, The Office, Battlestar Galactica etc are shot at 1.85:1, 1.77:1 and 1.78:1 those will all fill up your screen completely.

Full screen material like full screen DVDs and standard def TV show properly on your TV will have black bars on the left and right.

Also note, most HDTV have a zoom or fill option to fill the screen however, you must remember that when you do that, you are going to chop off part of the image no matter what.

I hope this clears things up.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: blu-ray zoom feature?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment