Wednesday, May 21, 2014

How to rid of black bars on blu ray disc?




Dane


I know this is a frequently asked question, and I know the difference between a 1.78:1 aspect ratio versus a 2.4:1 aspect ratio. What I don't understand is how I can watch Star Trek on Blu Ray and get black bars, and when I watch Star Trek on cable there are no black bars; only full screen high definition. What do cable providers do to eliminate black bars and still deliver a great high definition picture? Can I do what they do? I loved watching The Lord Of The Rings full screen on cable way more than a black bar version. Please Help!


Answer
Your TV or player may have a zoom option. You have to look through the menus. Keep in mind that a rectangular peg will not fit in a square hole. The only way you, the cable company or anyone can make the screen fill vertically is by cropping off part of the picture on the ends or by distorting the picture. So while the cable version may look great, you are missing things on the sides of the picture. Sometimes these things may be important to the plot.

The "Black Bar" version is the way the producers of the film intended it, the fact your TV isn't that shape can't be changed. If you were to go to a projection system instead of a TV you have more control. In that case you can use a 2.4:1 screen and never have black bars top/bottom. You will have black bars on the sides for 1.78:1 material but you can use motorized framing to eliminate that.

I know how you feel, you feel like you are missing something in those black bars or at the very least you are getting a smaller TV than you paid for. You are missing something on the cable "full screen" version but I guess you don't "miss" what you don't see. So, look for the zoom option in both your TV and in your player one or both should have the ability to either stretch the picture vertically or zoom it in both axis which is what you want.

One problem is that you may need to change it back when you watch cable unless you can control settings for individual sources. Otherwise the cable company or broadcast company crops it for you and you also crop or zoom it. Then you really miss a lot of the picture.

mk

Should I buy a Blu-Ray player?




Nick


I bought a flat screen on Black Friday that I just recently found out has HD. I was thinking it would be pretty sweet to watch "Wanted" or "Step Brothers" in true HD quality, but is Blu-Ray on it's way out?
-Nick



Answer
Blu-Ray is definitely worth it! Go into Best Buy and take a look at one that is playing, but I warn you you will probably end up buying one like I did! I went in for some 9 volt batteries and left with a Sony! Of course keep in mind, BB probably has it running on a 1080p hdtv so depending on the size and resolution of your tv, it may not be as sharp, but its awesome.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to rid of black bars on blu ray disc?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment