Monday, May 19, 2014

My Sony DVD blue ray player audio is out of sync with my LCD video tv.?




Steve


I have been racking my brain to try and correct but no matter what I have done and read I have not found a solution. My TV is a Samsung, but I don't believe it makes a difference. Has anyone run into this problem and has a solution? Thanks.


Answer
usually when the blu ray player and TV are the same brand, they will sync up, but different brands do not. So here's what's going on. Most LCD TVs have lag, and it's really bad when 120hz or 240hz is active. It takes extra time to complete the calculations for 'frame interpolation' that's what 120hz TVs are really doing. Get into the TV menu and turn off this feature. There are other issues that could cause this, but this is the most common.

I have a Philips LED/LCD TV and a Philips blu ray. When the TV is in 60hz or 120hz, the audio is always in sync. But when I had a Sony LCD with the same player, audio was in sync for 60hz, and out of sync with 120hz.

Is the Dynex® - 32" Class / 720p / 60Hz / LCD HDTV Blu-Ray compatible?




Tammie


Here's the link to the TV on Bestbuy.com

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dynex%26%23174%3B+-+32%22+Class+/+720p+/+60Hz+/+LCD+HDTV/9134901.p?id=1218054462391&skuId=9134901&st=dynex



Answer
A Blu Ray player will play on any TV with an HDMI port. That Dynex model has 3 HDMI ports.

But I would seriously discourage getting this model as your primary Blu Ray TV. It's only 720p (1280x720) instead of 1080p (1920x1080).

It also features a 60Hz response rate. Older non-widescreen TVs often had 30Hz response rates. High end HDTVs can have 120-240Hz response rates. That is the amount of frames moving past your eyes per second. 120Hz is considered a minimum for a quality HDTV.

So if this TV is replacing an older non-widescreen TV and it will only get moderate use, go for it. If this is going in your living room and you plan to watch Blu Rays with your family, this is not an appropriate model.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: My Sony DVD blue ray player audio is out of sync with my LCD video tv.?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment