Thursday, May 22, 2014

LG PA49 Optical out to LG Blu Ray Player for Audio on TV Shows?




David


HI,

I have just purchased an LG PA49 HD TV. What I notice is the sound is really average.

What i would like to know is.... does anyone have any experience or know how to connect the TV to a Blu Ray player to play the audio only.

What I want to do is watch TV and disable the Audio and force all sound from the TV to the Blu Ray Player.

It has optical Out, and my Blu Ray has Optical In.

I turn on the Optical function on the Blu Ray player... and no audio.

The Optical Cable is displaying the red light so i would assume its working properly...

It appears LG is really bad at providing instruction on this simple task... so if anyone knows how to set this up and can give any pointers that would be greatly appreciated



Answer
If it's really just a Blu-ray player, the optical port is an output, not in. If by Blu-ray player, you mean a home theatre system with speakers that includes a Blu-ray player (as Andre mentioned), it should work.

Look in your tv's audio settings and make sure the digital audio output (or optical audio or S/PDIF) is enabled. Try setting it to pcm - if it works, it'll give you stereo. Then try changing it to "raw", Dolby Digital, or similar. For most tv's, you'll only get true surround sound from over-the-air antenna tv. To get surround sound from another player or cable/satellite box, you should connect those straight to the receiver.

And for the record, I have an old home-theatre-in-a-box and it sounds great. Some of them aren't bad depending on your needs and things such as room size. I'm sure Andre would tell me his multi-thousand-dollar system is better, to which I would say "well it freakin' better be!" :) As a bonus I had money left over to buy more movies or, you know, help feed starving orphans and whatnot. It all depends on what you like I guess.

Best quality option video and audio from single hdmi output on blu-ray player?




Tim H


I would like to connect my blu-ray Samsung BD-P1600 (single HDMI output) to my Vizio HDTV directly via hdmi to get the improved video processing vs. my receiver (Pioneer 919) while still able to connect via HDMI to get true hd audio on my receiver. I see all kinds of hdmi splitters but they seem to be for some other purpose (ie connecting single video source to 2 tv's). Would these work (well) to get audio on my receiver and video on my tv? Is there another solution other than using optical for audio?


Answer
You should connect HDMI directly from Blu-ray player to receiver for both audio and video and another HDMI from receiver to TV for video. This is the best way to go for HD sound and quality picture.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: LG PA49 Optical out to LG Blu Ray Player for Audio on TV Shows?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment