Monday, May 19, 2014

Can I do this with a Blu-Ray Disc ?




ROBO731


I am planning on writing several files to a rewritable blu-ray disc. I am wondering:

1) I want to add files to the disc almost every week (if this is not possible I can do it every couple months). How many times can I add files to the disc?

2) Can my computer write to a blu-ray Disc? It is a Dell Inspiron N7110 running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. The disc drive is called BD-Rom and has a Blu-ray symbol on the side.

3) Can I add MKV (matroska) files to the disc?

4) If I add MKV's to the disc will a blu-ray player and PS3 be able to read them? If not, What filetypes can a these players read?

I will probably come up with even more questions after I post this, but please answer all or as many of them as you can. Any help will be appreciated.



Answer
Blu ray disc is just a larger container for data versus say a blank DVD. You can put any kind of file on it that you want, in any format.

You can add files to a disc from time to time, but it has to be a rewriteable version of blu ray, not just a write once BD-R. I believe it's called BD-RE.

Your blu ray drive is most likely only for reading blu ray, not writing/burning. ROM is read only memory. So you'll have to buy another blu ray disc drive that can write to a disc.

are my sony vaio specs good for skyrim?




monkeyblac


Intel® Core⢠i7-2670QM quad-core processor (2.20GHz / 3.10GHz with Turbo Boost)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
16.4" 2D LED backlit Full HD display (1920x1080)
Matte Black
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M (1GB) dedicated graphics
Blu-ray Disc player
640GB (7200rpm) hard drive
8GB (4GBx2) DDR3-SDRAM-1333
Standard lithium-ion battery (5000mAh)



Answer
These are the minimum specs:

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
2GB System RAM
6GB free HDD Space
Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
DirectX compatible sound card
Internet access for Steam activation

And these are the recommended specs:

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
4GB System RAM
6GB free HDD space
DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher (i.e GTX550Ti); ATI Radeon 4890 or higher).
DirectX compatible sound card
Internet access for Steam activation


So you'll be great. You'll probably be able to max out the settings.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I do this with a Blu-Ray Disc ?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment