Friday, July 5, 2013

Blu Ray Player - How do Updates, etc. work?!?

blu ray player updates sony
 on Sony : BDP-S300 uppdateringar | Ladda ner uppdateringar f�r BDP S300
blu ray player updates sony image



Ella


I have had a Sony blu ray player for about a year now. Someone told me I should check to see if there are any updates for it. How do I find them and how do you update the blu ray player? Do you connect it to your computer or ? I am sooo confused! Thanks for the help!


Answer
Most BluRay players update using an ethernet internet connection. You hook into your router, just like how you hooked up your game console or computer for internet access. The BluRay player just "phones home" and downloads the new updates whenever it needs to. The interval it uses to check for updates might be adjustable in the settings. This is the same internet connection the player would use to access "online" special features (sometimes referred to as "downloadable content").

Some players will let you update using a disc. You go to the manufacturer site. Download the update. unzip/unrar or whatever you have to do to decompress it if it's a compressed file like .ZIP or .RAR. Burn it to a CD. Pop the CD into the player. Depending on the player, you may have to dig into your settings to manually select the update, or it may just be a matter of turning on the machine with the disc in it. I'm not sure if all players offer this feature.

A few even offer the option to update from a USB flashdrive. You just do it the same way as with the offline CD update method. You just use a USB flashdrive instead. This only applies if the unit has a USB port though.

What are some important features that a blu ray player should have?




I need ans


Some that I can think of are: Ability to play MPG4 format, wireless update capability via internet, etc.

Are there any more I need to look for?

I have a Samsung 52 inch LCD HD TV, a sony receiver, and sony wireless surround sound system.

Can you recommend me a good blu ray player for me?



Answer
As you said, format compatibility is a feature to consider. Since firmware updates are released regularly, the ability to handle updates wirelessly is a convenient also a convenient (though not necessary) feature. The final important feature I would consider is the player's "profile". Profile 2.0 will allow you to access online "BD Live" content, but at the very least you should go with Profile 1.1.

If I had WiFi I would buy either the Samsung 3600 or the LG 390. If I didn't have WiFi I would go with the Panasonic DMP-BD60. However, the Sony BDP-S360 is a fine player as well.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Blu Ray Player - How do Updates, etc. work?!?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment