Friday, July 5, 2013

How do I change my setting for Sony Blu Ray to view in 1080p?

120hz blu ray player
 on Amazon.com: Sony KDL50EX645 50-Inch 1080p 120HZ Internet Slim LED HDTV ...
120hz blu ray player image



kscott_217


When I drop in a standard DVD and choose "display" in the upper left corner it says 420p. When I drop in a Blu Ray DVD and click "display" it still says 420p. I have a Philips 37" LCD 1080p TV. Any suggestions? I bought a HDMI cable, cheap on the Internet, Could that be the issue?


Answer
First of all, to respond to what someone above said, there is no need for HDMI cables to support 120Hz. The 120Hz refresh is handled by the television, not the source or the cable. Therefore, there is no truth when someone tells you your HDMI cable can't handle 120Hz. It's not even just a lie, it's completely stupid.

Anyhow, reasons why your TV may be display blu-ray at 420p (I'm more inclined to believe that you are referring to either 480p or 720p)

-HDMI output settings (as someone else mentioned) are incorrect
-Blu-ray is also connected via composite cables and TV is on wrong input
-TV does not fully support HDCP, causing a drop in resolution.
-HDMI cable not accurately receiving authentication handshake from the TV (this would be a problem w/ the TV, not the HDMI cable).

It may also help if you post in Additional Details the model of the blu-ray player so we can check specific settings regarding HDMI output display settings. Also, the model of your Philips TV so we can research any known issues. And, lastly, if it only happens on one movie - the name of that movie could help. If not, disregard as this is most likely not the issue.

It may be something as simple as changing a setting or applying a firmware update to your blu-ray player or television.

why do I get two different signals when using hdmi on home theatre and on blu ray?




pelavacas


If I use my samsung tv with 1080p and 120hz plugged into the home theatre system, it shows that its working at 1080p and 60hz, but If I play the blue ray player, it shows 1080p 120hz, why more herts for the blu ray with same hdi


Answer
There is NO 120 Hz signal.
Your TV always operates in 120 Hz mode regardless whether the input is 720p or 1080i.

Nothing to worry.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I change my setting for Sony Blu Ray to view in 1080p?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment