Friday, September 27, 2013

HP laptop will not feed video or audio to receiver?

blu ray player ubuntu
 on Sony Launches Blu-Ray Movies and Praises Its Blu-Ray Notebook
blu ray player ubuntu image



Killamaker


When I plug my HP Pavilion DM4 into my Yamaha receiver, nothing is outputted to my TV or the receiver. The little red HDMI part doesnt even light up on the receiver. My laptop can detect that there is a TV on the other end of the system, but nothing shows up. The Blu-Ray player works and my primary desktop works perfectly through this combo. I am using Ubuntu 11.10(1) on the laptop and it didnt work on Windows 7 X64 either. Any input is appreciated.


Answer
This could be the device problem... Report this issue to the mechanical service...

Good luck!

which is better nintendo wii or playstation 3?




blah.


i want to get one.
but i dont know which one i should get.
help.

please give me good reasons.
thanks. =]



Answer
Although I'm entirely biased towards Nintendo and I hate Sony, I'll try to make a point for both sides.

Wii
----------
Pros:
-------
New, innovative controller
Classic titles such as Mario and Zelda
Only $250
Internet browser built in, forecast channel, news channel
You can buy old NES/SNES/N64/Genesis games in VC
Image viewer/mp3 player from SD cards

Cons:
------
Poor graphics compared to XB360 and PS3 (729MHz CPU I think, 200somethin MHz ATi GPU), but still really good
No HDTV
No homebrew options (yet), so you can't use Linux or an alternative OS like you can with PS3
You need to put the Sensor Bar on your TV
No DVD/CD playback


PS3:
----------
Pros:
---------
Huge graphics and CPU power, Cell chip
Motion sensitive controller, but not as innovative as the Wiimote in terms of usefulness of the motion sensor
Homebrew options include alternate OS (you can install Ubuntu Linux, which I'm using now on my Laptop)
Plays DVD/CD, Wii does not (yet...)
No need of a Sensor Bar
HDTV

Cons:
------
Not as innovative, doesn't have the motion and pointing capability of the Wiimote
No rumble pack
EXPENSIVE! ($500-$600!)
I've heard there aren't too many good games for it
Sony branded :P (that's up to you whether or not it's a pro or con :)


System specs aside, the Wii is for Nintendo fans who want to play the latest sequels of their favorite series. I've just been playing Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and it is amazing, but if you don't like Zelda you might not want it (I'd never played a Zelda game before TP though, and I now love the series). PS3 is for more of the "hardcore gamer", whatever that could possibly mean, I guess it's for the graphics people, who think the same old-same old games with intensely better HDTV resolution graphics are great. I definitely say get a Wii, but if you like the stuff PS3 has to offer, save up your money, it might be a while before you can either afford it/the price comes down (no one REALLY needs a Blu Ray drive anyways...)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: HP laptop will not feed video or audio to receiver?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment