Friday, November 29, 2013

If my blu ray player has upconversion does my receiver need it also?

blu ray player definition
 on Blu-Ray - Der neue Suchtmacher f�r Film-Fans der n�chsten Generation
blu ray player definition image



GovernorJa


I recently purchased a Samsung Blu-ray player that has upconversion. I am wanting to upgrade my receiver with one that has hdmi ports. The receiver I am looking at is a Sony that apparently does not have and I quote "no upconversion of standard definition content". I'm assuming if my blu ray player has it my receiver does not need to have it. Is that accurate?


Answer
If your bluray has it, the receiver doesn't need it.The receiver is just "passing" the signal to the tv. "no upconversion of standard definition content" just means that the receiver doesn't do the upconverting, it would have to be from another source, which would be your blu ray player.

How do you connect a Blu Ray player to your TV?




ClockworkO


I know I sound a little dim and it is probably a silly question, trust me my male pride has lowered a little, but how do you connect a Blu Ray player to a TV? Is it through a Scart lead or just a HDMI cable?

Try to avoid the technical jargon, I ain't too advanced in that area.
Another thing, I have been told this but I just want to make sure, all Blu Ray players can read ordinary DVDs right?



Answer
Realistically, you want an HDMI cable. That's the best mate for your Blu-ray player and your TV.

The connection through SCART will not give you HD. That only happens with HDMI or composite cables, and HDMI is the better choice.

Yes, a Blu-ray player will play standard-definition DVDs.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: If my blu ray player has upconversion does my receiver need it also?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment