Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Using a wireless router as a wireless adapter mod?

blu ray player linux
 on MYGICA R3 3D Android HDD Media Player - 1080P - Blu-ray - WIFI
blu ray player linux image



Ace


I found a mod software (dd-wrt.org) that changes an old router into an adapter for xbox 360. HAs anyone used this? If so, can I connect different devices to the router (the router has 4 ports on it) say a Blu-Ray player and an old computer. If anyone knows of any other similar software and has successfully used it, please, let me know.


Answer
There are a couple of these "open source" firmwares for routers that do well extend the routers usefulness. dd-wrt is certainly good, do check to be sure that your router is supported and read all the data about how to install the firmware. You can "brick" a router if done incorrectly. The other one that might work is OpenWrt http://openwrt.org/

You should be able to set the router into a "Bridge" mode which allows it to be used as a "client" and connect to another router. That would provide you with four ethernet outlets. You can also buy wireless bridges which do that by design. I have used both openwrt and dd-wrt. DD-WRT is my preference but it all depends on which router you own. Its been some time but I did have some getting started issues. The more you understand Linux the easier the setup becomes.

I want to buy a blu ray disk dirve and the ones on newegg you have to pay to install the drivers?




Alex


A reliable blu ray internal disk player for my rig the ones om newegg are oem so you have to BUY and install the software to actually use the blu ray whoch I think is stupid because why buy a blu ray drive just to pay more to make it work would rather it be on newegg so I cam order all my parts together Ive searched but perhaps you know a player that doesnt need that shiz I am aware that the software is free om linux however I am not willing to change os or make my system a dual boot just for a blu ray drive


Answer
there are many oem drives that come with software
its not drivers, as any windows system already has drivers.
it just the utilities for the drive.
some free utilities are better than others but i dont understand your problem.
Maybe its because newegg are offering better paid for utilities.

to play Blu Ray VLCplayer should be fine.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Using a wireless router as a wireless adapter mod?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment