Saturday, December 28, 2013

does my wireless usb adapter and my blu ray player need to be the same brand?

blu ray player 802.11n
 on VIZIO VBR122 Blu-ray Player with Wireless Internet Apps from Vizio ...
blu ray player 802.11n image



dancelifex


I have a sony blu ray player BPD-S270 and on the box it says I need a hdmi cable and a sony usb wireless lan adapter, I bought a different brand cable cause the guy at target said it didnt matter but I didnt ask about the usb. the box said sony's but i dont know if it matters or not???


Answer
It doesn't matter, that's just on the box so you'll spend more on a sony branded wireless adapter.

All wireless adapter work on a standard which is 802.11x, the current one is 802.11n as long as the blue ray drive and the wireless adapter are using the same standard, you'll be fine.

Is there a device similar to TV channel sharers?




Damian Byr


Okay, I'm sure you know about devices that share your TV channels between separate TVs. I want to know if there is a similar device for HTPCs. Basically, the HTPC will be connected to the TV in the living room, but there are two other TVs in separate rooms in the house. Is there a device that can share the media files? If it works using Wireless-N, then great, I have a 802.11n router


Answer
Your best bet is to use Windows Media Center or something else that can act like a DLNA server on the HTPC, then buy a Blu-Ray player for the other TVs that will work as a DLNA client.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: does my wireless usb adapter and my blu ray player need to be the same brand?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment