Sunday, December 22, 2013

Help me choose between two laptops please?

blu ray player vertical
 on BD-D7500 Review - Samsung Blu-ray player Is The World's Slimmest
blu ray player vertical image



booleanyes


I'm stuck between two laptops, both come with Windows 8.

The Lenovo Y580 is a 15" with 1080p and comes with a blu ray player. It has an NVIDIA GForce graphics card and of course an i7 2.4 GHZ, basically it's a powerhouse. Problem is it comes with Windows 8 and no touchscreen, which I know is clunky to use. I could install ClassicShell, but it's still a hassle to get around its start menu without touchscreen.

The other choice is a Sony VAIO E Series 14". It is a touchscreen and has a weaker graphics card (Radeon HD) but it's still powerful. The problem is it is only 900p. I'm worried that may hamper my productivity when I look through Google Docs or it may make blu rays look wierd.

Do you think the ability to comfortably use Windows 8 is worth sacrificing 180 pixels of vertical screen space? and 320 pixels of horizontal screen space? Or should I go with the powerhouse Lenovo laptop (maybe I can buy Win 7 and dual boot on it)?
My primary use will be web browsing and documents....but I may play the occasional video game on it, use it as a backup blu ray player, and may even be going into an Engineering major this fall...



Answer
get the more powerful one, touch is dumb on laptops unless it folds completely over, and then congrats, you now have a heavy ipad.

Quality difference between playing a regular DVD on Blu Ray player vs. a Blu Ray DVD on Blu Ray player?




Becky


I know Blu Ray players can upconvert regular DVDs, so is there any major difference in picture between a regular DVD or Blu Ray DVD when both are played on a Blu Ray player?


Answer
A regular DVD on an upconverting 1080p DVD player won't match the resolution of a true Blu-Ray Disc on a Blu-Ray player. On the other hand, a Blu-Ray player won't give better resolution than an unpconverting DVD player in upconversion of a regular DVD.

In my opinion, and from my experience, it would be like comparing a 1080i (1280 x 1080 = 1,382,400 pixels) resolution to a 1080p (1920 x 1080 = 2,073,600) resolution. Therefore, an interlaced format is nearly half the resolution (i.e. every other vertical line is "interlaced" or blended as opposed to "progessive" which is where you get every line).

Bottom line, compare for your self by experimenting between the different choices available on the video market and you decide whether the difference justifies upgrading your system or not.

Happy viewing!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Help me choose between two laptops please?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment