Wednesday, December 25, 2013

What kind of wireless modem should I get?

blu ray player ipad
 on ... Blu-Ray devices including a Player, fully functional Blu-Ray PC and a
blu ray player ipad image



Artemisc


I've got an 5+ year old Linksys g modem, and from what I understand, I could get better performance with something newer. What is something good to go with, and what's the difference between an N and a G modem? Which one should I get? I have 3 laptops, an Xbox 360, 3 ipod touches, an ipad, a blu-ray player and an ethernet adapter (on my TV) all running through the wireless. So it gets a workout. Thanks,


Answer
Who ever told you that is as full of chit as a christmas goose. You most likely have all wireless G hardware in everything you have now. The ONLY benefit to wireless N is file transfer speed between your own network devices and since they are all probably G, a new router will default to G speeds anyway. If what you got works, leave it alone. The newer routers don't have the range the older ones do. Lastly, a wireless N router WILL NOT make your internet service any faster if that's what you think. Your internet speeds are set and determined by your provider, NOT your equipment

Can someone help me to connect my laptop to my WiFi?




Kimberly


I have a 2wire router. My iPhone, iPad, Blu-Ray player, and 2 other laptops all connect to the router... When I try to connect my laptop I have full signal, except it says that I only have local access only. Can someone help me?


Answer
I think I may have answered this in your previous (or next) post. But I think you may not have entered your username and password into the router. This is not the username and password printed on your router, but rather the username/password that your Internet Provider gave you.

If you cannot remember it, it is usually the same as the email address that your provider originally gave you. You may need a wired connection to connect to the router for the first time.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What kind of wireless modem should I get?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment