Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Should I buy a normal DVD/Blu-Ray player or a PS3?

blu ray player 4od
 on ... BD-F7500 3D Ultra HD Smart Blu-ray/DVD Player: Amazon.co.uk: TV
blu ray player 4od image



Brylle C


My mom & I are about to sell our old TV along with its DVD player so that we could buy a new Sony Bravia TV. Since it would be boring if we would buy the TV alone, my mom thought of buying a new DVD/Blu-Ray player as well. I suggested to her that we should buy a PS3 instead of a DVD/Blu-Ray player simply because it has lots of features compared with a normal DVD player. I couldn't give her any good reasons why I chose the PS3 over the Player, that's why she didn't consider my suggestion. Which one should we buy? Why? Why not?
Of course I'd choose the PS3 because of the GAMES. Lol. But other than that, why the PS3 over the DVD/Blu-Ray player?



Answer
1- i would NOT buy a sony tv, they used to be good about 3-4 years ago but not now,, the picture and build quality isnt that good compared to the samsung and panasonic tv's

2- i would get a ps3 due to you can watch bbc iplayer, itv player, 4od, its got a full internet browser so you can search the internet on the tv instead of using a pc, the quality of the blu-ray player in the ps3 is good, its not a rubbish compared to other blu-ray players that are available

LG 37LH3000, blu-ray&internet?




ralph_g


Our old tv finally died the other day, 11-12 years old I think, so we got a new one & I'm a bit lost as it seems technology has moved forwards 'just a little' since our last TV!

Basically, I'm wondering if I can get a blu ray player than would have some sort of wifi connection, that would link up with my home router, and allow me to access things the internet via the tv? I'm really just interested in things like bbc iplayer, 4od.

Is this at all possible? If so, is there a some sort of jargon i should look out for? Or a specific model? It would be great if this could be done without breaking the bank of course too.

Thanks for your advise!



Answer
With Blu-Ray DVD players, some of them do have built in Wi-Fi. However the built in Wi-Fi has two purposes.

1) To update firmware and patches for your Blu-Ray DVD player
2) To stream content such as Netflix, Pandora music, Youtube only to your television.

However there is no Blu-Ray DVD player with Wi-Fi that will allow you to browse the internet since there is no internet browser included in the Blu-Ray DVD player.

If you like to purchase one, I would suggest going with Sony brand. One that includes built in Wi-Fi and with Blu-Live 2.0 (to access extra movie content and information about the movie) to your television. It should cost less than $200.00




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I buy a normal DVD/Blu-Ray player or a PS3?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment