Tuesday, January 7, 2014

How do you update firmware on a blu ray player?

blu ray player
 on What You Should Look For in a Blu-ray Player | Worldstart's Tech Tips ...
blu ray player image



Sally Cat


My blu ray player no longer plays blu rays. It only plays DVD's. Two people suggested I update the firmware, but how on earth do you do that? I am clueless. I never had to do anything like that when I had a DVD player, so this is new to me.

It is a Samsung blu ray player, if that makes a difference.



Answer
Go to the Samsung website & do a search for the model of your unit. Check your unit to make sure it has an SD card slot or USB port. If it does, then do the next step....

At the Samsung website, look for firmware updates for your model and download it to your computer.
(I usually download it to my desktop so that I can find it easier when I transfer the file)

When the download is complete, insert an SD card or a flash drive into your computer and transfer the file. NOTE - the flash drive or SD card must be blank before you transfer the file.

When the transfer is complete, plug it into your blu-ray player, then turn it on. The update should take happen automatically. When it's done, you can shut off the blu ray player, remove the SD card or flash drive, then restart your player.

The Samsung website probably has these instructions too. (www.samsung.com)

Hope this helps.

How to connect my Sony Blu-Ray player to the internet?




Amanda S


I want to hook my Sony Blu-Ray player up to the internet so I can watch Netflix on my TV. I have looked up how to do that, but all of the videos and websites say to choose the option of a built-in wireless connection. When I go into the Network Settings and click on Internet Settings, the only connection option that comes up in wired. How can I fix this and set up a wireless connection?


Answer
If your Blu-Ray player doesn't have onboard wireless capability, you must go with the wired. Netflix won't mind.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do you update firmware on a blu ray player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment