Tuesday, January 7, 2014

If my blu ray player has upconversion does my receiver need it also?

blu ray player receiver
 on ... about Sony STR DH820 7.2 Receiver / Sony BDP-S380 Blu Ray Player
blu ray player receiver image



GovernorJa


I recently purchased a Samsung Blu-ray player that has upconversion. I am wanting to upgrade my receiver with one that has hdmi ports. The receiver I am looking at is a Sony that apparently does not have and I quote "no upconversion of standard definition content". I'm assuming if my blu ray player has it my receiver does not need to have it. Is that accurate?


Answer
If your bluray has it, the receiver doesn't need it.The receiver is just "passing" the signal to the tv. "no upconversion of standard definition content" just means that the receiver doesn't do the upconverting, it would have to be from another source, which would be your blu ray player.

Why does my audio cut out when I am watching a blu ray/dvd?




David


I have the samsung 8000 tv, the e-5900 blu ray player and a receiver with speakers connected to my tv via optical. During certain scenes the audio stops and the picture continues then it cuts back in. What do you think this could be?


Answer
it could be your blu-ray player, get it fixed/replaced




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: If my blu ray player has upconversion does my receiver need it also?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment