Sunday, January 5, 2014

How to hardcode subtitles on a movie?

blu ray player linux
 on ... the Home Entertainment Technology Bar with Latest Blu-ray/DVD Players
blu ray player linux image



Keeya


I was wondering how i could *hardcode* subtitles onto a movie (.mp4, .mkv). I do NOT want to have the option to turn off the subtitles. I want to permanently embed the subtitles onto the movie file. Is there any application that i could do this with on a mac? everything i have tried still gives me the option to turn them off. For this reason, my blu ray player will not read the .srt file. I must permanently overlay the subtitles onto the movie. Any solutions?


Answer
I know you have to mux the subtitle file and I'm familiar with MKVMerge GUI a Linux and Windows program. I've looked everywhere for a Mac program, forcing Google to use as many synonyms as I could think of, with no luck:-( Either a program is for Windows or, if it's a Mac program, it's older than the hills and no longer supported. I'm sure you can mux subtitle files with Final Cut Pro, or probably the Sony Vegas Pro everyone recommends but I'm just as sure that you probably don't want to spend $800 or more to embed subtitle files.

You might have better luck getting some help if you posted this question on an Apple forum.

Using a wireless router as a wireless adapter mod?




Ace


I found a mod software (dd-wrt.org) that changes an old router into an adapter for xbox 360. HAs anyone used this? If so, can I connect different devices to the router (the router has 4 ports on it) say a Blu-Ray player and an old computer. If anyone knows of any other similar software and has successfully used it, please, let me know.


Answer
There are a couple of these "open source" firmwares for routers that do well extend the routers usefulness. dd-wrt is certainly good, do check to be sure that your router is supported and read all the data about how to install the firmware. You can "brick" a router if done incorrectly. The other one that might work is OpenWrt http://openwrt.org/

You should be able to set the router into a "Bridge" mode which allows it to be used as a "client" and connect to another router. That would provide you with four ethernet outlets. You can also buy wireless bridges which do that by design. I have used both openwrt and dd-wrt. DD-WRT is my preference but it all depends on which router you own. Its been some time but I did have some getting started issues. The more you understand Linux the easier the setup becomes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to hardcode subtitles on a movie?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment