Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Can I use my NETGEAR WG111v3 as a wifi adapter for my sony blu ray player?

Q. I have a NETGEAR WG111v3 that I used for my old laptop. I don't need it anymore but I need a wifi adapter for my sony blu ray player and I don't feel like spending $70 for one.


Answer
No.

First, you never bothered to tell us if your Sony Blu ray player has a USB port of not. If it doesn't (and I suspect it does not), then the entire question would seem to be pointless, right?

However, even if the blu ray player does have a USB port, it will not provide the same functiuonality a USB port provides on a computer. These things usually come with a CD that you must use to first load device driver software and the device driver software is tightly coupled to the hardware.

You would not be able to load any of that on a USB port that exists on a blu ray player.

LG Blu-ray player with built in wifi?

Q. Ok so i'm lloking to by this LG Blu-ray player with built in wifi and I have some questions because I have no Idea how they work. I have a 32' Emerson LED Flatscreen TV

1.) How do they work?
2.) What do they do? What can you do with them?
3.) Do you need to have internet to use the wifi?
4.) Will it work with my tv?
5.) Can you browse the internet on your tv with it?
6.) Can you connect a laptop to it and use the wifi

I know a lot of question but i'm 15 and not very tech savy when it comes to Blu-ray players
Thanks!


Answer
2.) What do they do? What can you do with them? It's really depends on what kinda app come with it. Usually netflix, vudu movies (with vudu you can buy and rent movies), probably YouTube and pandora

3.) Do you need to have internet to use the wifi? Yes, you will not be able to use the apps like netflix without internet

4.) Will it work with my tv? Yes you will probably need a hdmi cable if it doesn't come with it, witch it usually doesn't . It will probably come with 3 cables yellow red and white, but the get a good picture you will need hdmi

5.) Can you browse the internet on your tv with it? Most DVD player do not have that feature so probably not just YouTube

6.) Can you connect a laptop to it and use the wifi? No, but there are other things that can do that like Apple TV




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I use my NETGEAR WG111v3 as a wifi adapter for my sony blu ray player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment