Sunday, April 20, 2014

How do I connect my blu ray player to my 5.1 surround sound?




Kal-El


I recently purchased a 5.1 home theater system I use to just connect my blu ray player to my tv through an hdmi cable but now i cant do that or it will just be connected to either the tv or surround sound I want to connect it to the surround sound but what eles do I need or what am I doing wrong?


Answer
Either an opitcal cable or a coaxial cable--depending on what type of output your home theater reciever and Blu-ray player have.

Blu-ray player??

Q. Im planning on buying a Blu-ray player since the HD-DVD empire collapsed along with my HD-DVD xbox 360 add on ( tough lesson to learn) but which is a good blu-ray out there to buy under 500?? I heard stories about long loading times, and i have seen plenty on youtube vid's, my HD-DVD player did not have that problem, and then i heard about firmware updates. I dont wanna spend half a grand on a blu-day player and find out its out dated on the firmware. Any suggestions on a safe purchase.
forgot to mention, i wouldnt mind a PS3 but all the games i like so far are on 380 and future games coming up exclusive for 360 like Gears of War 2 and Resident Evil 5, Ninja Gaiden 2 etc.. although ps3 sounds logical, i wont have time to toggle between ps3 games and xbox 360 games.
correction i mean 360, lol.. not 380.
Its kinda odd to me, buying a gaming console system just for the Blu-ray, although being able to download firmware on it does sound good.... are there blu-ray players out there that can enable you to update the player, or should i just wait till' blu-ray players catch up with firmware updates.


Answer
The only other 2.0 player on the market right now is the Panasonic DMP-BD50, which can bitstream and decode all audio formats, has HDMI 1.3 and analog 5.1 outputs and an ethernet connection for BD-Live content and firmware upgrades.

However, because it's the only 2.0 standalone player on the market it's still at a premium. If you wait until Black Friday or the last few weeks leading up to Christmas you'll get a standalone player for $199-$249 and it very well may be a profile 2.0 player like the Sony BDP-S350, which is being released soon and will get 2.0 compatability via firmware upgrade.

The PlayStation 3 is an excellent option, even if you don't use it for games. You can install Linux on it, browse the web with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, download movies on it which don't have DRM, has HDMi 1.3, fastest load times, great picture and sound quality.

Good luck - the more Blu-ray's you watch the harder it gets to watch DVD, even with a great upscaler which the PS3 definitely is, scoring 120/130 on the HQV DVD test bench disc.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I connect my blu ray player to my 5.1 surround sound?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment