Thursday, April 24, 2014

Question about motion blur with Blu Ray player?




Z


I'm watching a movie right now, and it has some motion blur at times. I have a 32" Insignia LCD HDTV and was wondering what could be the problem. This doesn't happen when I'm watching cable, but when I watch a Blu Ray movie, there is blur. Could the blur be caused by my Blu Ray player?


Answer
What kind of TV shows are you used to watching? Action movie, sports, and any fast motion videos are none to creating motion blur on LCDs particularly ones that are 60hz. I would suspect its your TV before I would suspect its your blu ray player

Blu ray player not in HD?




Scott A


We have a Sony Blu Ray player that we just got, and I connected it with an HDMI cable to our HDTV, but when I put a disc in, it doesn't go into HD, when a movie is playing, I hit "Display" and it shows it running at 480i. When I reset it, I select everything for 1080p, such as HDMI, and it puts the resolution at 1080p. Then, it quickly cuts off and comes back on, asking if I'd seen a test image, which I hadn't, and when I go to watch a movie, my TV doesn't get a signal. Everything seems to be hooked up right, it just won't play in 1080p.
The TV is 1080p
And it's a Blu ray disc.



Answer
Films on Blu-ray are usually encoded at a refresh rate of 24Hz, to match the 24 frames per second used with film. But not all TVs can support a 24Hz signal, so some disc players need to be set to output at 30Hz or 60Hz instead (the player converts 24Hz from the disc to one of those values).

Check your disc player's settings to see if you are sending 1080p out at 60Hz or at 24Hz. You could also check the TV's manual to see if 24Hz is supported by the TV.

What are the model numbers of your player and TV?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Question about motion blur with Blu Ray player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment