Sunday, April 20, 2014

How do I get HD clairty on my HD set?

Q. I recently purchased a Emerson 40" TV From Walmart and set it up with a blu-ray player with HDMI and a HD DVR using a DVI to HDMI connection. Using HD programming (USA and HBO) and a Blu-Ray movie (Avatar special edition) and the picture looks like I am watching it on a normal standard def TV. Compared to my father's HD set where it looks hyper-realistic this is no good. What can I do to get the clarity I am looking for?


Answer
Without a HD set you are wasting your time it's not possible.

Streaming device for live television (Superbowl, Oscars, etc.)?

Q. I will be renting an apartment starting in January and wanted to consider my options when it comes to cable. I primarily need cable to watch local news and sports and for big events like the Superbowl and the Oscars. I have Netflix and Amazon VOD accounts that I stream through my blu-ray player, and I have HBO GO that I stream on my laptop.

Do any of the streaming devices out there today stream live programming from the networks (NBC, CBS, ABC)? Is there a way for me to get around buying a cable subscription but still be able to watch what I want?

Thanks in advance.


Answer
I don't know about streaming particular events live, but the networks do indeed stream video, just go to their website.

"Is there a way for me to get around buying a cable subscription but still be able to watch what I want?"

There is. Maybe.

This works for me with Comcast:

Instead of connecting your cable provider's cable to their box and then to your tv, connect the cable directly to your tv. I do, and have all the networks and my local stations in HD. I have NO cable tv package from Comcast, I get internet only from them. I don't know if this works with other cable providers, but it does with Comcast. If it works for you, consider buying a splitter and an A/B switch. Using those you can have your tv hooked up both ways(receive the cable tv you pay for, or if you wanna be an outlaw, watch the HD they're delivering free of charge), and can switch back and forth between what your provider wants to give you, and the HD they're hoarding.

Splitter:

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-DH24SPR-Two-Bi-Di-Splitter/dp/B0018BQR84/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1356106877&sr=1-1&keywords=cable+splitter

A/B switch:

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-41015-Isolation-Switch/dp/B0002J2P2A/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1356106942&sr=1-2&keywords=cable+a+b+switch

I LOVE beating the cable companies at their own game.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I get HD clairty on my HD set?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment