Saturday, May 17, 2014

3d blu ray player 2d to 3d conversion question?




Jason


I have a 3d tv that doesn't do 2d to 3d conversion....I was wondering if I got a 3d blu ray player that does if I watched netflix on it that I'll be able to watch netflix in 3d?


Answer
C-Net tried it and they say it's pretty terrible. The 2D to 3D conversion method described above won't work with streaming content like Netflix, but technically, yes, it will convert it - just not very well.

If I have a 3D LED TV, do I need a 3D blu ray player as well to play 3D Blu ray movies?




isshhee


So what I have is a Samsung 3D LED TV (Model F6100) and a bluray player that isn't 3D. Can I still buy 3D DVDs and play them on it and have my TV do the 3D conversion or whatever?


Answer
Yes, you need both a 3D capable source and 3D capable display to properly play 3D Blu-ray movies. Some TVs have the ability to upscale 3D video from a 2D source but it's just a "best guess"algorithm that will leave some video artifacts, and not be true 3D video. Here's an article on the subject:

http://www.popsci.com/gadgets/article/2010-01/how-2-d-video-becomes-3-d




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: 3d blu ray player 2d to 3d conversion question?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment