Monday, May 12, 2014

How do I connect my blu ray player to my 5.1 surround sound?




Kal-El


I recently purchased a 5.1 home theater system I use to just connect my blu ray player to my tv through an hdmi cable but now i cant do that or it will just be connected to either the tv or surround sound I want to connect it to the surround sound but what eles do I need or what am I doing wrong?


Answer
Either an opitcal cable or a coaxial cable--depending on what type of output your home theater reciever and Blu-ray player have.

Surround sound for PS3 Blu-Ray player?




Istvan K


If I use the AV cable that came with the PS3 (one end is RCA component and the other is the flat AV that goes into the PS3), and plug it into the composite in (red & white) in my Panasonic SA-PT950 5.1 surround sound system, and set it to AUX, will I get the surround sound from the Blu Ray disc?

I realize I cannot get the BluRay 7.1 DTS that way.... but will I get any acceptable surround sound out of it, at least better than just having the audio come through the TV?

-My TV has no Audio Out and the Panasonic does not have an Optic port, so I'm thinking this is my last and final option for surround sound when playing BluRay off the PS3.

any answers?



Answer
No, you can't get surround from anything but the built in DVD player. The only audio inputs you have are the analog RCA inputs (red/white) you mentioned, and that is a stereo input. There is no surround decoding from a stereo analog input, just the left and right channels. It will still be better sound than you get from your TV speakers though.

The one thing you can do with your Panasonic surround system is fake surround, using the Dolby Pro Logic II setting. While not true surround sound, using the discrete audio channels encoded on the blu-ray disc, it will create a quasi surround mix, using phase variations withing the stereo mix, and making its best guess which channel the audio should go to. It's a far from ideal solution, and may not be to your liking, but give it a try.

The only way you can get a true surround signal from your blu-ray player would be to get a receiver or home theater system with an HDMI or optical/coaxial digital input.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I connect my blu ray player to my 5.1 surround sound?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment