Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Can I hook up a new dvd or blu-ray player to my old home theatre system?

Q. I have a Panasonic SA-HT940 home theatre system and the HDMI port is messed up so I am looking into buying a new dvd player. I am wondering if it is possible to hook up a new dvd or blu-ray player to the old surround sound speaker system.


Answer
You can not connect the new DVD ot Blu Ray disc player directly to the old home theater system you have. But you can connect it directly to the tv and then connect an optical cable from the tv to the home theater to get the sound. You can also connect the optical cable directly to the home theater. Hope this will help you out.

Can I use a home theater Blu-Ray player for a PC?




timebaby3


Can I use a home theater Blu-Ray player for an HP Elite PC with a high def video card, TV tuner and HDMI port?


Answer
You will have to worry about whether the HD video card HDMI port is an output or an input. If -- as I suspect -- it's an output (intended to go to a monitor or TV) you can't INPUT a signal from the output of the Blu-ray player.

Frankly, I think you would be better to consider an internal or external Blu-ray drive for the computer, rather than a standalone Blu-Ray player. HOWEVER, consider whether your computer is up to handling HD (in addition to the video subsystem there are minimum CPU and RAM requirements).

Hope that helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I hook up a new dvd or blu-ray player to my old home theatre system?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment