Friday, May 16, 2014

I have an Alienware M14x and was wondering about hooking up an external blu ray player?




dellman12


Just wondering if the external blu ray player that hooks up through usb will be true 100% blu ray high definition, just like having it internally from the factory?


Answer
yes it would be if the xffer is fast enough. if its 1080 you may need a usb 3.0 but why dont you just download them in ts and watch them with gom or vlc player

Blu-ray upgrade for Dell Inspiron 1525?

Q. I just bought a Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook from Best Buy and I realized it has an HDMI output, so I now have it hooked up to my Toshiba Regza 42" HDTV and would like the abilitiy to watch Blu-ray discs. It seems like replacing the optical drive for the laptop would be the most cost-effective way to bring me into the blu-ray era, but I can only seem to find, from dell anyway, the blu-ray burner. I don't need or want to pay the extra cash for that until I can find a price on just the player. (If you build it through Dell, they charge $150 for the player upgrade but $450 for the burner) Can anyone point me to a dell part number or the drive (e.g. the burner is a UJ-220) that dell uses in the laptops it ships when you custom make it?
Just fyi, this is my system:
160 GB Samsung Hard Drive
Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz
3.0 GB Ram
32 bit OS
Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family
Intel High Definition Audio HDMI

All help is greatly appreciated (btw, i know I bought a laptop from a box, keep non-constructive criticism to yourself.)


Why not stick to the question?


Answer
why not try looking for an external blu ray player that plugs into a usb port




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I have an Alienware M14x and was wondering about hooking up an external blu ray player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment